The Power for Today and Tomorrow
The VersaPulse PowerSuite holmium laser combines excellent cutting, ablation and coagulation properties for precise, virtually bloodless procedures. It is also extremely effective in fragmenting urinary and gall bladder stones of all compositions, making it an ideal multipurpose surgical tool. Because its laser light is transmitted through flexible fibers, it is especially suited for minimally invasive endoscopic and laparoscopic procedures. The VersaPulse PowerSuite system comes in a variety of low- to high-power holmium models plus a combination holmium and neodymium:YAG (Nd:YAG) configuration.
Its features include:
- Versatility and unparalleled performance across multiple specialties, enabling significant cost-efficiencies for surgery centers and hospitals
- Compatibility with a wide variety of reusable and disposable delivery devices, allowing surgeons to select the exact tool needed for every procedure
- Maximum flexibility for rapidly completing a full spectrum of procedures and reducing anesthesia time
- Compact design for easy transport from one room to another
- For the dual-wavelength model, effortless switching between holmium and Nd:YAG wavelengths with the touch of a pedal for quick changes in tissue effect
Leading the Way in Cutting-edge Laser Surgery
Lumenis is the pioneer in laser and light-based technology. Since introducing the first medical laser in 1970, over 60,000 systems have been used by nearly every medical specialty. Since introducing the first holmium laser in 1991, Lumenis has helped to expand the medical applications of this relatively new multipurpose laser. Today, holmium technology has been proven in thousands of procedures, securing the holmium laser its place as a well-respected minimally invasive treatment modality and the VersaPulse PowerSuite as the system of choice.
VersaPulse PowerSuite lasers are used for ablation, excision, incision, vaporization and immediate hemostasis of soft tissues through endoscopic, laparoscopic and open access for a wide variety of surgical applications and procedures including:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP)
- Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)
- Bladder, ureteral, urethral and kidney stones
- Bladder neck incision
- Ureteral strictures
- Urethral and ureteral tumors
- Condylomas and lesions of the external genitalia
The VersaPulse PowerSuite system is available in a variety of upgradeable models to address the wide range of surgical needs. Although the family includes low- and high-power models, physicians and hospitals most frequently choose the higher power configurations in order to enable faster, more efficient treatments, reduce operating and anesthesia time and to acquire the power for future applications. Whether it's used for urinary stones or treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), the VersaPulse PowerSuite laser provides unparalleled versatility and performance.
-100 Watt. The most powerful holmium laser in the world, it provides the highest energy and repetition rate for smoother cutting and faster, more efficient tissue treatment. It can incise the toughest material with ease. This laser is ideal for high-power and long-duration procedures including bladder stone fragmentation and BPH treatment. With the most power and widest range of treatment options available, it provides speed, efficiency and flexibility highly valued by surgeons.
-60 Watt. This laser has the cutting power that orthopedic and ENT surgeons need for incising tough fibrous or cartilaginous material. It is also useful for other moderate- to high-energy procedures.
-20 Watt. An alternative choice for performing lithotripsy and some soft tissue procedures, as well as for select ENT applications. This is the smallest, most portable VersaPulse PowerSuite model. It plugs into a standard electrical outlet and includes a printer port for optional printing of treatment summaries.